Medical Incarceration is involuntary or non-consensual detainment including, but not limited to:
- Psychiatric hospitalization
- “Assisted living facilities” and nursing homes
- Group homes/residential facilities and conservatorships/guardianships
- Use of solitary confinement within jails/prisons “for the inmate’s own safety” related to mental and/or physical health
- Use of solitary as “protection” for LGBTQIA2S community members
- Death penalty sentences for those who are disabled by mental illness and/or intellectual disability
If you are needing support against medical incarceration, fill out this form here.